Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Beginning of a New Blog

The field of blogging was one of my least interests. This idea never occured to me whatsoever. My friend, Adrian Mendizabal, just convinced me to start my new blog. He is a very eager blogger. It took a very long time before I actually started my blog. To tell you the truth, I'm a very private person. It just don't manifest in my personality sometimes. But still, I'm very private. I'm not actually a kind of person who would share his feelings and sentiments over the internet. Some of my friends will find it hypocritical of me, but what the heck!

I'm not really a blogger. I'm like an Earthling in the Martian planet when it comes to blogging. I don't even know what a blog is! So my apologies to any crimes and abominations I might be committing in the field of blogging.


The title of this blog is TapsiBlog at BetBlog: Mga sari-saring bagay at pangyayari. TapsiBlog is a result of the compounding of the word Tapsilog (a popular Filipino meal) and Blog. BetBlog, on the other hand, is also a result of compunding. I will no longer elaborate on the meaning of Betblog. I presume that A Filipino will be able to grasp its meaning without further explanations. To aid some foreigners who might actually be visiting this site (Wow, ambisyoso!), "Mga sari-saring bagay at pangyayari" means "A variety of things and happenings". "Pangyayari can also mean "event" depending on the context. I just chose to use "happenings" because it rhymes with "things". Oh ano hah?


Why TapsiBlog at Betblog? Well, It's like poetry. The meaning and reasoning behind is ambiguous. I'll leave it to the readers on how they read this. As far as I'm concerned, this blog will serve as a collection of the significant events in my life, a collection of my thoughts and probaby, my feelings.


What a way to start a blog huh? I myself find this post boring.


Well, my apologies for that. I'll try to make my posts interesting and sizzling in the near future. As of now, I'm preoccupied with so many requirements that I have to submit before the end of the semester. I can't concentrate on blogging as of the moment. So...


Let me end this post by saying: "..."

'til then.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all congradulations on your new blog, once you get the hang of it, it is an enjoyable hobby. It will take a while to get readers on your site. A few websites that you can get onto to get traffic on your site are:

www.mybloglog.com (you need a yahoo account for this one)

www.blogcatalog.com

www.entrecard.com

and a new one that is still under construction but will be under way in a few months or so is:

www.slogbite.com

I myself have three blogs you can view them from my profile. Good luck blogging, I promise that you will enjoy it because it keeps your mind focused on something when you need something to do.

Adrian Mendizabal said...

Keith! this is so cool!